What makes someone successful? We quickly think of dedication, hard work, creativity, a bright mind—but did you know that flexibility is a key component to being successful? Those with flexibility tend to thrive and be the happiest and most fulfilled in both life and work. But how do we flourish with flexibility?
- Embrace what is—instead of holding on to how you think things should be, embrace how things are and grow from there.
- B adaptable—Don’t just rely on Plan A. Have a plan B, C or even D waiting in the wings just in case.
- Stay in Control—Pause before reacting. Understand that there are many solutions to any given situation and take time to gather information before choosing the best option.
- Approach criticism positively—Remain receptive to good counsel and understand that honest and candid criticism can only make you better.
- Learn to think on your feet—Don’t be afraid to make changes to your plans as new information becomes available.
- Be creative—Be a true innovator and view the world through eyes of wonder.
- See humor in life—As America’s favorite beagle, Snoopy, once said, “Every time you find some humor in a difficult situation you win.”